Monday, February 25, 2013

Pop Culture Jesus: Part Three

This may be the last installment of our chronicle. For now I've got pop culture remix of "The Last Supper," an incredibly famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci. Here's the original painting:


Now we have the remixes.

First up is the Pokémon Last Supper.


The Rave Last Supper...


Canine Last Supper?


90s Cartoons Last Supper!


The Rat Diorama Last Supper from "Dinner with Schmucks."


Lego Last Supper.


Video Game Last Supper


South Park Last Supper


Zombie Last Supper


And, finally, Star Wars Last Supper!


I guess I have to say that I'm not surprised that such an iconic painting would be recreated in so many ways. Some of these are a little funny; some a little disturbing. I get the idea that most of the renditions were not created by highly religious artists.

That's all I've got for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment