Saturday, February 16, 2013

Jesus in pop culture (the weird-and-nonsensical-action-guy)

Okay guys. I have a WEIRD one for you.

I stumbled across this video while surfing the web by total accident; let me start out by saying that I have never witnessed something so blatantly nonsensical. There is an evolving modern culture around Jesus that makes him out to be a "Chuck Norris" or "James Bond" -esque figure. That is to say that people like making funny videos of Jesus doing ridiculous action-based stuff. And that's where we get this uh... gem...

The video is all in Spanish, but it has subtitles. It features Jesus accidentally turning Lazarus into a zombie, who in turn bites a bunch of the Pharisees and Romans, who also turn into zombies (I'm still trying to figure out where the cowboy zombies came from.) Jesus and Judas proceed to destroy all the zombies using fish as weapons; Judas is obviously bothered by the bloodshed, but Jesus seems to think it's pretty awesome.

Anyways, I will warn that this has some pretty nasty stuff in it even if the gore effects suck. Enjoy! (or something...)


No comments:

Post a Comment